Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Let the Mosque walk begin


We spent a marathon day in Cairo visiting lots of different, historical mosques.
Here we are posing in front of Mohammad Ali (the mosque, not the boxer.)


This mosque is almost as old as Islam itself.
We are wearing canvas booties, I'm not sure why.

Here we are with our friends Brooke and Max recreating the paper doll chain on top of the mosque wall.

This mosque was Aaron's favorite of the day.

This balcony, just outside of Cairo's oldest mosque, was used in a James Bond film.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

The mosque walk sounds very interesting and Ryan was very impressed with the James Bond trivia.

Mama Judy said...

Indiana Jones has nothing on you! What wonderful dusty, musty smells these pictures invoke. You both are gorgeous! I couldn't view the picture with Max and Brooke, but maybe that's just me. Love, love

meggan said...

Good clarification on "the mosque, not the boxer"-- that likely would have confused more than one blog lurker I mean reader. But I will tell you what, Egypt might have mosques and neutral colored clothing, but here in the good ole US of A we have American Gladiators, which starts tomorrow. Wish you were here.

meggan said...

PS: your other blog is private and I'm not invited. Which worries me. I feel like a creepster looking through your foil-covered windows (Guys??? It's me....Dan)

Meg and T.J. said...

Um Hi guys!!!
I'm sitting here looking at this post totally crying. Ok so these pictures are amazing and I hate to be Debbie downer but I need you to come home. I miss you guys too much. P town is feeling really lonely without you!
I need a phone number... Can I ever talk to you?! P.s let me into the old blog!
Lots of LOVE, Meg